Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Saturday, November 20, 2010

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT INSECTS

I want to make sure that I am not accused of putting down any members of the insect kingdom just for being a certain kind of insect.  Each one has its place and that is important.  It was just that one bark beetle that I mentioned last time was kind of sneaky all by himself.  He just thought he was doing a job to earn some tasty bark to chew on.  Lina did have a lot of friends among the insect world.  One of her best friends was the Ladybug, Lady Lou.  She was the one who told Lina what Winter was and that it was going to come.  Lady Lou also introduced Lina to Clarissa, the mouse who sheltered Lina for the Winter.  Then Lady Lou met up with Lina again in the Spring, getting all tangled up in the spider silk Zenna wove to help everyone come back to Thimble Farm safely.  But that one beetle did cause some trouble, including trouble for me for telling about him.  It caused quite a buzz because some of my readers thought I was discriminating against bark beetles. All things need to be in balance in nature.  Camber helps to keep things in balance for his beloved trees. I do try to tell a balanced story.  I've got to go check out some new flower patches I heard of now.  Buzz at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment