Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Sports Scene at Thimble Farm

Hi, it's Delbert, the inquisitive bee here.  Today I think I will call myself a sports reporter.  About the only sports bees take part in is racing.  But I've noticed that other creatures throw things, run and wrestle.  I want to talk about how Lina learned to wrestle.  This took place the day before the evening when she was kidnapped by that awful frog, Croadine. That was a very busy day.  Farmer Tom's sister-in-law, Sara and her daughter-in-law, Bettina came to live at Thimble Farm.  Bettina was in the middle of having a baby and things were hectic.  It was discovered that Karl, a very energetic boy was also with them.  When Tom tried to lift him out of the luggage where he was riding, he tried to run away.  He really had some wild wrestling moves.  Eventually Tom got hold of him, gentled him and took him in to supper.  Lina watched how he would make himself big by the way he would hold his arms, then shrink and twist to get away.  Finally Tom had to grab hold of his sturdy clothes to make sure he was safe. Karl and Lina liked each other right away.  Karl called her a doll lady, because she was so small. That was such a busy day.  I will investigate some more and share the sporting events with you. May the home team win.  I heard that's something a sportswriter might say.  I'll buzz you later.  DElbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment