Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DO BEES GET TIRED?

It might seem that bees never get tired.  They never seem to stop gathering from the flowers and going back to the hive to help honey get made.  But there is a lot of work in all that.  Then a bee has to stay up with the daily details of planning where they will go.  We have to spend some time visiting with each other as well.  Friendship is very important to bees.  I guess friendship is important to everyone.  Today I got out of the hive early and headed right to a special patch of flowers near a field of corn that Farmer Tom Thimble had planted.  All the creatures of Thimblewyck seem to like to visit that field.  I did some happy visiting there today.  I flew over a peaceful stream on my way and gave a special buzz to a grove of trees near the field.  Camber, the wood sprite, is a friend to us all and he makes sure the trees near and on the farm are well taken care of.  I have been worn out learning all about the events of last winter, when a terrible flood caused the move of the whole farm to take place.  Today I just rested by flying and gathering.  I did a bit of visiting as well.  Being around friends is always a good way to rest.  I watched Farmer Tom walk behind his horses that were pulling a plow.  They do the work and he does the guiding.  Soon there will be more growing things for me to visit.  If you ever visit Thimble Farm I will give you a buzz.  I will buzz more to you later.  Delbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment