Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Friday, August 24, 2012

THE CLUE THAT WARNED OF DANGER AT THIMBLE FARM

Delbert here, still doing outstanding investigative reporting.  I have really been fascinated by all the events at Thimble Farm over the last winter.  While we bees stayed in our hive great changes were taking place on the farm.  So great that the whole farm moved to another location.  I've talked about it a lot lately.  One thing I wanted to know was why the fairies knew danger was coming to the farm.  Marus, one of the main fairies, talked to me a lot about it.  There were several things they were watching, all around the countryside, not just at the farm.  But he said that one big clue was the presence of ugly and stinky, yellow grey smoke. It was later discovered that evil creatures had been doing dangerous things in the caverns under Windom Castle.  Thimble farm was very near the castle at the time.  When the fairies would smell or see that kind of smoke they would investigate.  They looked around the farm and discovered that the river that ran by the farm was blocked up with burnt trees and other debris, and about to burst forth with a big flood.  So I guess the main clue Marus and the other fairies always looked for was that awful smoke.  Bees don't like smoke that much. It makes us go to sleep.  I guess we are lucky we were up so high in that old oak that we escaped a lot of all that trouble and danger.  That is one adventure I don't mind escaping.  Well, I'm off to visit some roses.  I'll buzz at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment