Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Saturday, August 18, 2012

More Mysteries of the Move

Hi All.  I talked about the move of Thimble Farm and a lot of the creatures of Thimblewyck found me and wanted to discuss all kinds of things.  I really had to do a bunch of investigating.  Someone wanted to know how and why New Thimble Farm had a blue roof.  They said Adar the swallow's son, Hans, would probably know.  I found him and he said that since the move happened after the other swallows had flown south he was very worried about Adar being able to find the farm when she returned in the Spring. Tom asked him for suggestions and Hans said that if the roof was blue Adar would be sure to notice it.  But making it blue was a problem.  They would have to travel to get blue pigment for paint and it was costly.  But Binar, the flower fairy, had such power over plants that the fairies made the roof blue easily and quickly.  It was actually winter, but still Binar caused it all to happen.  It did help Adar find the farm.  That swallow was Gerda's special pet.  It all worked out.  I'm sure there are a few more mysteries I shall have to report.  Buzz you later.  I do have a nose for news.

No comments:

Post a Comment