Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TOM THIMBLE IS A HERO TO BEES!

Another bee just asked me why I prefer to gather nectar at Thimble farm.  I told him that if I could I would have a special award ceremony for Farmer Tom Thimble.  I think Tom really cares about nature.  It shows in the way nature returns that caring.  I think nature cares about Tom Thimble.  His farm looks nice, everything grows well, and it feels good to be on the farm.  For instance he is good to bees.  Bees aren't big so they can't drink a lot of water.  But they do get thirsty.  We can always find a bit of fresh water here to drink.  Tom allows the ordinary plants, the ones some might call weeds, to flower in the corner of the fields.  Bees can go to nearly any flower.  But butterflies prefer special plants.  I see butterflies at the farm all the time.  Tom doesn't swat or holler at bees.  He knows we really try to never sting a human. Farmer  Tom has allowed a couple of dead trees to remain standing.  They help many creatures, birds for their nests, and bees for their hives especially. He knows the value of wind but he also knows wind can be destructive.  He has planted bushes and trees to protect the farm from the strongest winds.  Even on the windiest days I can still gather my nectar at Thimble Farm.  Now that the evil fairies are gone, at least I hope they are, Thimble Farm is a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment