Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm

Original stone cottage at Thimble Farm
This had to be abandoned at time of great flood

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WHO FIRST KNEW OF GERDA'S COOKIES?

Now everyone in Thimblewyck has learned to love Gerda's cookies.  I, Delbert Bee, have even landed on one of them and taken in a bit of the sweetness.  Sometimes the creatures around here argue amongst themselves about who was the first, after Gerda's husband Tom or course, to know how wonderful the cookies are.  Even the fairies come to eat cookies.  So I did some research and I found out that Thor, the big farm horse, used to help Tom eat the cookies Gerda would send with him when he went to the fair to sell eggs and produce.  I think he was the first to know about the cookies.  But it might not be so.  Adar, the swallow just told me that she had always tried to get some of the crumbs of the cookies.  If anyone else has a claim to be the first to love Gerda's cookies they can give me a buzz.  They certainly are yummy.  Maybe Gerda invented cookies.  I heard they were just little dots of dough put in the oven to see if the oven was good and hot at first. I do know that a lot of people and a lot of creatures are very glad the world has cookies.  I must be hungry.  I'm going to go hunt for some kind of snack.  Buzz at you later.  Delbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment